PART-TIME FIXED-JOB, Scam (2/07/2018)

The following is a scam that tricks its victims into thinking that they are applying for a job. The scammer sends out a false job offer that is often too good to be true. In this case the scammer ask the victim to send over personal information (Full name, Residential Address, Alternative Email, and Cell #) which can be used to impersonate the victim.

To spot a scam like this consider the offer. Does it sound too good to be true? The email is being sent from a non-business address as well as referencing a different address to send the information to. There are also grammatical errors in the email itself. All of these signs point to a scam.

Remember if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is a scam.
If you have received this email please delete it.
——————————————————————————————————————-
“Read Carefully
I am Dr. Christopher C.Babbitt and I work as a clinical counselor for the department of Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES). I provide individual and group therapy, coaching, assessment and academic screenings to support students with disabilities (physical, chronic, psychiatric, and invisible)registered with DRES. A large percentage of the students served by the mental health unit have psychiatric disabilities or co-morbid psychiatric disabilities and need mental health support to be successful at the university. In addition, many University of students with academic difficulties and no prior diagnosis are seen and assessed through the academic screening and assessment process. I also am the director of supervision, training and coordination of counseling psychology and clinical psychology graduate students of the United States who have practicums at DRES and APA-accredited school psychology pre-doctoral interns.
You have received this email because you have an offer from the University Office for Students with Disabilities to work with me while we help Students with disabilities frustrated with ignorance and lack of services but as my temporary personal assistant.
I care about Animal Welfare, Arts and Culture, Children, Civil Rights and Social Action, Education, Environment, Disaster and Humanitarian Relief, Social Services and lots more.

This is a very simple employment. You will only help me Mail letters, Make payments at Walmart and purchase some Items when needed. This employment only takes an hour a day and 3 times a week for $620 .00 weekly.

I am unable to meetup for an interview because I am currently away and helping the disabled students in Australia. You will be paid in advance for all tasks and purchased to be done on my behalf and some of my personal letters and mails will be forwarded to your residence or nearby post office for you to pick up at your convenience. Upon my arrival we will discuss the possibility of making this a long-term employment if I am impressed with your services while I am away. My arrival is scheduled for the last week of Feb 2018.
Please email your Full name, Residential Address to receive packages, Alternate email (different from school email) and Cell # to apply send to my email :- Dr. Christopher C.Babbitt (mybox12804101@gmail.com)

Thanks”