Employment Opportunity For Student, Scam (3/6/2018)

The following is a scam offering employment to students. This is a repeat of a previous scam that was sent out earlier this year. The body has been slightly changed to impersonate another doctor.

This scam is offering a job opportunity to students to work for a Dr. John Largen, who will pay students to purchase items for him and mail letters. No one will offer you a job without an interview. This scam will have the victim make purchases for the scammer with the victim anticipating payment, which will never happen. The scammer will also ask for personal information as part of the so-called hiring process which will be used to impersonate the victim and steal credit cards, social security, etc.

Notice the very generic header “Dear Student”, the email sender is not the person whom the email states to be. The grammar in the email is also very poor. There are randomly capitalized words in the middle of sentences. If you have received this email please delete it.
———————————————————————————————————
Dear Student
I am Dr. John Largen and I work as a clinical counselor for the department of Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES). I provide individual and group therapy, coaching, assessment and academic screenings to support students with disabilities (physical, chronic, psychiatric, and invisible)registered with DRES. A large percentage of the students served by the mental health unit have psychiatric disabilities or co-morbid psychiatric disabilities and need mental health support to be successful at the university. In addition, many University of students with academic difficulties and no prior diagnosis are seen and assessed through the academic screening and assessment process. I also am the director of supervision, training and coordination of counseling psychology and clinical psychology graduate students of the United States who have practicums at DRES and APA-accredited school psychology pre-doctoral interns.

You have received this email because you have an offer from the University Office for Students with Disabilities to work with me while we help Students with disabilities frustrated with ignorance and lack of services but as my temporary personal assistant.

I care about Animal Welfare, Arts and Culture, Children, Civil Rights and Social Action, Education, Environment, Disaster and Humanitarian Relief, Social Services and lots more.
This is a very simple employment. You will only help me Mail letters, Make payments at Walmart and purchase some Items when needed. This employment only takes an hour a day and 3 times a week for $620 .00 weekly.

I am unable to meetup for an interview because I am currently away and helping the disabled students in Australia. You will be paid in advance for all tasks and purchased to be done on my behalf and some of my personal letters and mails will be forwarded to your residence or nearby post office for you to pick up at your convenience. Upon my arrival we will discuss the possibility of making this a long-term employment if I am impressed with your services while I am away. My arrival is scheduled for the last week of March 2018.
Please email your Full name, Residential Address to receive packages, Alternate email (different from school email) and Cell#
Thanks